How can I best love myself? This is a question that I ask myself all the time. With Valentine’s Day approaching it is even more prominent in my mind.
We typically think of Valentine’s Day as a time to show love to others, and as important as that is, how about using it as an opportunity to show more love to ourselves?
Here are some great, easy, and inexpensive ways to make that happen:
1. Set aside a few extra minutes for a longer meditation one day this week. Really feel yourself relaxing and letting go of STRESS! Save the date for my FREE Loving Kindness Meditation on February 12th at 7:30 CST. It is really easy to call in from anywhere. Simply dial 712-775-7031 and the ID is 489-427-158.
2. Run yourself a lovely warm bath, light a candle and put in some yummy smelling bath salts. I occasionally like to read a book or magazine, or even watch a show on my ipad while I soak.
3. Take a class that you have always wanted to try…yoga, barre method, pottery, painting, or meditation 🙂
4. Buy yourself something small that you have had your eye on. Could be a new lip gloss or a magazine subscription. It made me happy to finally bite the bullet and subscribe to US Weekly. I am excited when the mail comes every Friday! This year I really want a milk steamer for all of the tea that I make.
5. Spend some time in nature. Listen to the sound of the wind, smell the fresh cut grass, or watch the sun rise or set as you rejuvenate outside.
6. Connect with a friend or loved one that you have been meaning to call for ages.
7. Paint your toes red! Pamper yourself and think “Valentine’s” all week long.
8. Make that recipe that you have been wanting to try, even if it is only for you to enjoy.
Let me know in the comments what else you do to pamper yourself. I’d love to know, and remember that I heart you!